How Much Will This Cost?
This is the number one question we get asked all the time. We understand you are budget conscious and times are tough. We will always do our very best to work within your budget but there are far too many variables to consider before coming to a final total, up front, in many cases.
For instance, when dealing with rust, many people will come in and show us a small (let's say...quarter sized) rust spot and ask "how much to fix that"? We can't tell you for sure, until the layers of paint are removed, for the following reasons:
1) Rust travels.
- If the visible rust spot is the size of a quarter, I can guarantee you that the rust hiding under the paint will cover a much larger area & we won't know for sure how bad the damage is until the area is exposed.
2) We have no idea how deep the rust has eaten.
- It may just be surface rust but it may also have eaten almost clean through, in which case new metal will need to be put in & body work & paint applied on top of that.
3) How many coats of paint/layers of bondo are on it?
- Many older vehicles have more than one coat of paint & each coat involves more sandblasting time. Also, there may be large areas of bondo hidden under the paint. We won't know how many coats of paint are on your vehicle until we start removing them.
4) How much work do you want done?
- At first, most customers tell us their budget cap and we are happy to work with that. But then, once work has begun, we often hear "I want this, this & this done as well". We don't mind in the least, but you must remember that each new task added is an additional cost. This can really add up. A restricted budget is no match for a lengthy wish list.
These are just a few examples of why giving a finite, guaranteed price is almost impossible, up front. So please, try to understand that here at RustBlasters we do our best to give you the lowest price and the highest quality work possible but hidden problems can create difficulties.
Thankfully, here at RustBlasters we video record all surprises we find and send them to you, so that you are fully informed at every step of the way. That way, you are always in full control of how far you want us to go and what it will end up costing you.